2014 MTAW Music Therapy Symposium
Emerging Trends in Early Childhood
May 2, 2014 (CMTE)
May 3, 2014 (Symposium)
Symposium produced by the Music Therapy Association of Washington
Submissions are due by March 15, 2014
Seeking 50 minute or 1 hour and 45 minute presentations on topics related to Early Childhood. Presentations including demonstrations of techniques are highly encouraged.
Please provide the following:
A. On a cover sheet:
1. Mini-biography of presenter(s) (50 words maximum per person)
2. Contact person’s address, phone number with area code, and e-mail address.
3. Title of Presentation (12 words maximum).
4. Format of Presentation (lecture, demonstration, experiential, roundtable).
5. Target audience (students, entry level professionals, experienced professionals, educators/ clinical trainers) and any participant prerequisites (if applicable).
6. Specific audiovisual and instrument needs.
B. A resume or curriculum vitae for each presenter. Please include a list of past presentations, if any.
C. On a separate sheet for blind review:
1. Title of Presentation, format of presentation, proposed content
2. Learner objectives a. Indicate which of the following will be incorporated into the presentation:
participant discussion, clinical applications, foundational/theoretical information, therapy techniques, active participant experience
3. Abstract of 50 words or less and detailed description of the presentation, 250 words or less 4. Keywords related to proposed presentation
Submit all proposals electronically in MSWord or PDF format with subject line “Symposium Presentation Proposal,” and direct any questions to: MTAWBoard@gmail.com
To view a PDF version of the Symposium Call for Papers, click here